Here is my curation of the biggest marketing trends according to Hubspot experts:
1. Short videos will prevail. The focus will be on “behind the scene” and educational content. Authenticity is central to customers in 2021, thus to marketing, too.
2. Customer-centricity will bring brands forward. Those who focus on the relationship with their customers, share their brand’s values and goals will propel forward. That’s why it’s crucial to have your brand’s pillars: voice, mission, vision, goals defined and set in stone. (DM me if you need help with this).
3. Content marketing will start with a conversation. Today’s audience wants to have an authentic experience with your brand. The way to create such is by starting an honest conversation.
4. Marketing circa 2021 is all about people, understanding their motives and talking to them in the right tone of voice using the right words.
5. The year 2021 will be the year of purposeful reinvention. If in 2020 we had to make a ‘panic pivot’, in 2021 those who aim to seize the opportunity will have to go through a reinvention and search for ways to engage even more with their core audience. And yes, the (written) content will be key.
6. Engagement. After the year of social distancing, working from home and lack of face-to-face contact, customers are looking for engagement. The brands that offer such will thrive the most. And, content is once again the key factor of success.
Think it through well, which marketing trends you need to follow to grow and prosper. But, whichever it is, it seems that engagement with your customer through the authentic and empathetic content is the crucial element.